Save trees for the environment! Trees are the lungs of the earth: it is very important to protect them. It is for this reason that we say: ‘save trees and save the earth’.
To save trees means to protect them from destruction by human activities such as clearing the forested areas for the townships, factories, and industries.
Regions with a lot of trees generally have good climatic conditions. It is, therefore, critical to protect them from destruction and create a better planet.
Why should we save trees?
Trees are an essential part of the ecosystem. It is important to protect them because:
- Protecting our atmosphere. They improve atmospheric air purity. Trees help to lock CO2 out of the atmosphere, combating climate change.
- Food supply. Much of our food comes from trees, including nuts, bark and fruits (for example mango, apple, etc.). Spices such as cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, etc. comes from trees and plants.
- Soil quality. Tree roots balance the mineral composition of the soil and improves its productivity.
- Preventing flooding. Tree roots are a natural flood defence.
- Defence against winds. Trees are a natural barrier against high winds and dust storms.
- Habitats. Rainforests and woodlands are important habitats for many animals, birds and insects.
- Medicine. Many trees are medicinal; aloe vera soothes the skin, for instance.
- Biodiversity: Trees also enhance biodiversity in the ecosystem
- Shade: Trees provide shade from the sun.
- Clothing: Tree fibers are used in some clothes.
- Cosmetics: Aloe vera juice, coconut oil, etc. are used widely in the cosmetic industry.
- Supporting other plants: Some other plants are designed to root in tree trunks.
How to save trees?
There are different ways in which we can save trees from destruction. They include:
- Use less wood. Buy less new wooden furniture and only buy wooden products from sustainable sources.
- Become a campaigner. Carrying out awareness campaigns and use slogans such as “save trees and save life”, or “save trees and save planet”, etc., to let the local people, local authorities know that trees are important to you.
- Use less paper. Save paper, for example by thinking before you print emails.
- Reforestation. Participate in reforestation projects to plant trees in areas where they have been cut down. This will increase the number of trees in your region.
- Donate. Donate to environmental charities.
- Appreciate. Appreciating the beauty of trees will encourage you to preserve them.
- Laws: Gazetting forested areas to make it illegal to cut down trees from such areas.
Conclusion: Trees are essential to our lives in so many ways.
Category: Blog, Environment
December 27, 2013 by admin_kids
Subject: Short Essay/Speech on ‘Save Trees’
Target Age Group- 6-8 Years
Total sentences: 12
Contributed By: Shraddha Sunil Jose, Class 2, Chennai, India
Mother Earth has given us many gifts. One of them is trees. Trees are very important to us. Many of our tribes live inside forests which have trees. Trees provide us timber to make furniture. Wild animals depend on trees for food and shelter. Trees help to prevent soil erosion and floods. They give out Oxygen and make the Earth clean and cool. Many products such as paper, gum, rubber etc are obtained from trees. Trees reduce pollution and increase rain. Birds make their nests on trees. So friends, SAVE TREES by not cutting them and make them happy.
Category Environment and Seasons, Kids essays, Kids speeches, Social Issues and Awareness | Tags: environment, kids composition, kids writing, nature, short essay, short paragraph, short speech, simple essay, tree, trees