Data Entry Advice
To get hired in a data entry position, you’ll need a stand-out cover letter. That’s why we’ve created the cover letter examples below. Designed specifically for data entry professionals, these cover letter examples highlight the skills employers want to see from prospective candidates. Simply choose one of the templates below and adapt these cover letters to fit your needs. It’s a fast and easy way to improve your cover letter, which should help you get more interviews, and win the job faster.
Cover Letter Tips for Data Entry
If you’re looking for jobs as a Data Entry, you’ll want to put the most effective job seeking skills to work. In order to help you with this, we have compiled a list that can keep you on track.
1. Stay positive. Having a positive mindset is one of the most important aspects of job seeking, as it allows you to keep everything in perspective and remember that your unemployment is only temporary.
2. Find a part time gig. If you feel burdened by the financial stress of unemployment, you can always find part time work. Plus, you never know where these part time opportunities could lead.
3. Make a plan for yourself. Set goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. This will allow you to maximize your time and productivity. For instance, you could try sending out a certain amount of cover letters per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that could lend insight into the job market. These meetings will be of great value, and you never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are great ways to expand your network. Keep in mind that employers also use these sites to learn more about potential applicants.
Data Entry Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a Data Entry, you will want to make sure your cover letter makes a solid first impression of you. Keep your cover letter writing in top shape with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you’re a doctor or academic using curricula vitae (CVs), there’s no need to write more than two pages. Keep your cover letter writing concise and relevant.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullet points wherever appropriate. These two simple formatting tips will immediately improve the readability of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Phrases such as hard working” and team player” are over-used and should be avoided.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a Summary of Skills” section. Doing so offers your reader an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
Data Entry Clerks use computers to update and maintain information. They may also be required to transfer information from paper to computer files. Typical work activities of a Data Entry Clerk include entering information, transferring research results, processing invoices, sorting information, checking data inconsistencies, solving discrepancies, forwarding incorrect documents to team leader, combining data, and keeping information confidential.
A well-written sample cover letter for Data Entry Clerk should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Fast typing and computer competences
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Effective communication
- Multitasking and time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Good numeracy and English skills
Below is provided an example cover letter for Data Entry Clerk showcasing similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Data Entry Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Walther:
When I learned of your need for a Data Entry Clerk, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a dedicated professional with solid experience in accurate and timely data entry, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations in this position.
My background demonstrates a perfect record of rapidly entering high volumes of error-free information into various databases. I excel at compiling and verifying data accuracy and integrity while also identifying and correcting errors to ensure maximum accuracy. My proven success in both independent and team-oriented environments prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
My qualifications include…
- Ensuring top-notch completeness, accuracy, and compliance while inputting large volumes of data into company’s database using Microsoft Excel.
- Leveraging excellent self-motivation and prioritization talents to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Thriving in fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues using excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
With my experience in data entry, combined with my inherent analytical and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail. Thank you for your consideration.