- 123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
- Home: 2065955437
- Cell: (555) 123-9876
July 23, 2014
RE: Paralegal, July 23, 2014
Dear Betty Baker,
As a recent graduate of the University of Washington’s paralegal certification program, it is with great excitement I submit my resume for consideration to become a valued member of Fahlman Olson & Little’s administrative team. In addition to my formal paralegal education and training, my customer service, time management, communication skills, and multi-tasking abilities make me an excellent match for the unique demands of this opportunity.
As my resume indicates, I have recently completed the paralegal certification program at the University of Washington where I studied and analyzed diverse legal concepts, ranging from litigation and lawsuit lifecycles to legal research and writing, and encompassing a broad range of litigation specialties, including business law and estate planning.
My resume provides further detail on my talent for team collaboration and passion for problem solving. I am eager to apply my knowledge and training to advance Fahlman Olson & Little’s mission and philosophy. I look forward to setting up a meeting to discuss in greater detail how I can benefit your organization.
I am certain that my resume will give you a greater understanding of my qualifications for this exciting opportunity. I will call your office on July 23, 2014 to discuss the arrangement of a formal meeting.
Paralegal Cover Letter
Use the sample paralegal cover letter to write your own convincing cover letter that gets the reader's attention and ensures that your job application is taken forward.
A convincing cover letter will help you stand out from the crowd and land that critical first interview for the paralegal or legal assistant job.
Attention to detail and accuracy are critical for this job so proofread your cover letter carefully before sending it. Get someone else to double check for you.
Paralegal Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Adam Grey
Human Resources Manager
Jackson, Bell and Associates
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Grey
In response to your job opening in the New York Times please consider my resume in your search for a Paralegal. I believe my background and skills closely match your job requirements and I am confident I can make a positive contribution to your firm.
Some key points that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from XYZ University in 2006 and my paralegal certification in 2008.
- I have over 5 years experience in a paralegal capacity providing support and assistance to six attorneys on a range of topics.
- I have gained in-depth experience in legal research, organization and analysis of information and the preparation of written reports and case materials. I have a comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- I have been responsible for drafting legal documents including briefs, appeals and agreements and helping to prepare legal arguments and motions.
- I work independently with a high level of accuracy. I have developed my skills as a resourceful researcher who uses her initiative and sound judgment to get the job done.
- I am regarded as a valuable team member who is able to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands.
If you are looking for a highly motivated paralegal I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Adapt this sample cover letter for your own purposes.
Customize this paralegal resume for your own use.
Use the detailed paralegal job description to make sure you have a full understanding of the job requirements when preparing your cover letter for paralegal jobs. Highlight those abilities that match the job description.
Detailed descriptions of paralegal duties and responsibilities for different areas of paralegal specialization.
What Does a Paralegal Do?
Legal Secretary Job Description
Paralegal Job Search Resources
Sample Paralegal Resume
Paralegal Interview Questions
Paralegal Cover Letter Tips
Prepare a persuasive and professional paralegal or legal assistant cover letter and get the job you want.
Job Interviews > Cover Letter Samples > Paralegal Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page